Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Social Networking

Social Networking has impacted my life in such a positive way. Facebook is a way for my family that lives miles away to keep up with each other. It’s also always me to keep with college friends. Twitter allows me to do the same thing but also allows me to keep up with current times on the go. I follow local and national news and also National Education Association. The things I follow help to ensure I am update with what’s going in our world. Therefore, social media has definitely affected my life in a positive way.
Below are links to the articles I responded to.
According to these articles, social media has seriously impacted students. The negative impact it has had has caused low grades, loss of motivation, effects on their health, and seriously reduced real human contact. Students have started trusting on these sites for research which can sometimes in not always accurate. Students have also “slacked” with manners and other human interaction learned behavior which is a direct result from these sites. Like the article says, “social networking communities are here to stay,” and there should be way to help monitor these sites for student. As the future generations, students from all ages should be limited to use of these sites during learning times.
Studies have also showed that health problems have surfaced. According to the site, students who use these in excess tend to have more stomach aches, sleeping problems, depression and anxiety. Because I’m a substitute, I have observed in the classroom that students talk about staying up all night because they were on Facebook or Twitter. They tend to sleep more and pay less attention during class.
Hopefully as the future goes on the students will see the importance of limiting their selves on social media communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment